Skip to main content

Test and Trace Support Payment

About this form

If you have been told by the NHS to self-isolate, either because you have tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you may be entitled to some financial support during your self-isolation period. This form is an application for that financial support. For further information please follow the link below:

New package to support and enforce self-isolation (GOV.UK website)

From 8 March 2021, the scheme was expanded so parents or guardians who are not legally required to self-isolate can apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment or discretionary payment if they need to take time off work to care for a child or young person who is self-isolating.

From 16 August 2021, adults identified as close contacts who have received both COVID-19 vaccinations no longer need to isolate and so cannot claim support. Children who are identified as close contacts also no longer need to isolate, so no claims can be made by parents or guardians of them.

How much funding will be provided?

People from 28 September being required by law to self-isolate, may be entitled to a lump sum payment of 500 to cover their period of isolation. This payment is targeted at people who are employed or self-employed on lower incomes who cannot work from home and have lost income while in isolation as a result.

This form is provided to capture the information required by the council to verify your eligibility for payment of the grant.

Before you start

You will need the following information to complete this form:

• Your Account ID Test and Trace reference number on it, or your child's if you are claiming as their parent or guardian and have been provided with one. If you have been issued with a reference number but are unable to provide it, we will attempt to trace this on your behalf - your claim will be delayed as a result.

• A copy of your latest bank statement (one issued within the last two months which must clearly show proof of earnings if you are employed) - you can provide screenshots, but you must include an image showing your name, account number and sort code

• Proof of self-employment e.g. recent business bank statement (within the last two months) most recent set of accounts or evidence of self-assessment returns

• Proof of employment such as wage slips, P60, your contract of employment or a letter from your employer, or proof you are self-employed, such as evidence of self-assessment returns, trading income - and proof that the business delivers services which cannot be undertaken without social contact

• Your national insurance number

• If you are applying as the parent or guardian of a child asked to self-isolate and your child has not been provided with a CTAS number you will also need to provide a letter from their educational establishment asking them to self-isolate, or for children aged 16-25 with special educational needs only, a screenshot of their notification from the NHS Test & Trace app asking them to self-isolate

• The name and age of the child who is self-isolating

• That child's education or care setting and year group including an email or phone number for the setting

• And either:

        ◦ the child's eight-digit NHS Test and Trace ID number. This is for parents and guardians of children or young people who have received a notification directly from NHS Test and Trace telling them to self-isolate, or

        ◦ a communication from the child or young person's education or childcare setting confirming that they have to self-isolate. This is for parents and guardians of children or young people who have been told to self-isolate by their education or childcare setting because they have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive, or

        ◦ a screenshot of a young person's NHS COVID-19 App notification telling them to self-isolate AND evidence that the young person has an Education, Health and Care Plan. This is for parents or guardians of young people aged 16-25 who have additional support needs and who have been notified to self-isolate by the NHS COVID-19 App

Please note: If you are self-isolating yourself then please do not claim as being a parent or guardian of a young person who is self-isolating but make a claim in your own right

Start a form

Choose this option to start a new application. Click on the start button: